South Dakota – Waste Industry Employee Shortage Crisis
posted in Community, Millennium Updates by Marissa Begley
- Promote industry jobs as providing recession-resistant, long-term career opportunities.
- Renegotiate contracts to reflect wage increases or reductions in service levels.
- Utilize automated collection trucks where feasible to reduce workforce helper demands and improve worker safety.
- Hiring teenagers and allowing flexibility.
- Utilizing tools on South Dakota Works, the state’s online job posting site.
- Listing the wage on your job posting.
See Millennium’s open jobs here.