Printer Ink, Toner Cartridges and Inkjet Cartridges CANNOT be recycled in your recycling bin.
These items are not part of the single stream program and will contaminate other items if included. Please keep these out.
What to do with them instead:
- Drop off at HHW Facility: If you are recycling your printer, just leave the ink inside and drop it at the Household Hazardous Waste facility for free.
- Bring to SEAM: SEAM recycles electronics for businesses and residents and will accept ink cartridges for a fee.
- Reuse them: Retailers like Walgreens and Costco will refill cartridges for you. Or you can buy do-it-yourself refill kits.
- Donate for Charity Fundraisers: Cartridges for Kids or other nonprofits like Recycle4Vets collect used ink cartridges.
- Bring them to a Retailer who will Recycle them: Office Depot, Staples, and Cartridge World offer recycling programs.
- Mail them in to be Recycled: Office Depot provides free mail-in boxes.
Thank you for recycling right so we can recycle as much as possible in Sioux Falls! Have another question? Ask us on Facebook!