Let’s talk about yard waste and organics. Leaves, branches, pumpkins, garden debris, vegetables, mulch, grass clippings, weeds, twigs, sticks and other yard waste are NOT allowed in your recycling bin.
At Millennium, yard waste contaminates clean recyclables and can jam up our system. Imagine smashed veggies, clumps of mud, grass and sticks mucking up the process– it turns into a big mess quickly!
What to do with Yard Waste?
In Sioux Falls and surrounding areas, we have convenient options to choose from:
- Accepted: Leaves, Pumpkins, Branches and Brush (Larger loads, lawn service companies, and commercial businesses not accepted)
- More Info: Call 605-367-8695 or visit their website
- Accepted: Yard Waste, including grass clippings, leaves, and soft garden waste, Branches and Brush, including mulch, and pine cones, and REAL Christmas Trees (Not Accepted: Pet Waste)
- More Info: Call 605-367-8162 or visit their website
- The City of Sioux Falls also provides Seasonal Drop Off Sites: Find Details Here
- Accepted: Trees and limbs, Old pallets, Dimension lumber scraps, Demolition lumber
- Details: Mueller Pallets creates products that ultimately biodegrade into soil or generate clean, affordable energy. They will take almost ANY wood that you would otherwise transport to a landfill. Spotted trailers, pickups and drop off options are all available.
- More Info: Call 605-368-2440 or visit their website
- Many Sioux Falls waste haulers offer yard waste pickup services. Contact your current hauler for pickup service information or find a hauler who can help you in the Sioux Falls Waste Hauler Directory.
Check out our handy Where Do I Take This Tool for a complete list of where to take odd items for proper recycling or disposal. If what you’re looking for is not on the list, ask us! We’ll help you find the best disposal option in our area.